Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Manufacturing team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for the specification, design, development, sourcing, installation, testing, validation and administration of control systems to the highest industrial and pharmaceutical standards. The focus of the work will be to ensure that automation systems operate robustly, efficiently, safely and in full compliance with all cGMP and safety regulations.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- HND in Electronic / Electrical Engineering Or HND in Software / Computing OR Significant relevant experience
- Experience in delivering excellent results and projects in the pharmaceutical industry or other regulated manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience of providing support, maintenance, or system administration for existing automation systems
- Experience of specification, design, installation, commissioning automation systems (PLC, SCADA, DCS etc)
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- BEng or BSc in Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Automation related subject
- Experience of specification, design, installation, or commissioning of Eurotherm Wonderware, Satchwell, Schneider, or Cylon building automation systems
- Experience/knowledge working with Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and functional safety
Additional essential and desirable criteria are outlined in the job description and person specification attached to the online job posting.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Bereavement Leave
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield healthcare benefit