Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Are you passionate about delivering modern technology provisions that allow employees to thrive and increase customer engagement & experience?
Would you like to join one of Europe’s largest veterinary groups?
At CVS Group we are one of the largest integrated veterinary groups in Europe with a turnover in excess of £400m and over 500 veterinary practice sites across the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands. Alongside veterinary practices, we also operate successful pet crematoria, laboratory and online businesses, as well as a distribution centre and buying groups.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for you to join us as Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This is an Exec Level position and you will report into our CEO in this newly created role.
As CTO, you will be responsible for setting the company’s vision and strategy for technology and the overall delivery of the strategy. This will include the enhancement & integration of existing technologies, the replacement & retirement of legacy technologies and the development & implementation of new technologies. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the provision of robust ICT services, including: infrastructure, networks, devices, cyber security, licensing, web development, O365, technology programmes computing, data centres and communications
- The development of a technology strategy that reflects the needs of a modern technology provision, shaped around both user and business needs
- Ensuring that the technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivering of IT projects to market
- Delivering cost effective technologies and technology projects to time and budget
- Acting as a mentor to team members and providing performance management and coaching support as needed
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships across all parts of the business and support functions, ensuring that the benefit of expertise across the Group is fully maximised
To be successful in the role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A passion and drive to continually improve employee and client experience through technology
- Proven experience in a CTO/similar technology leadership role
- The ability to work at pace in a complex organisation and be commercially aware
- Effective communication skills both to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
- A proven background in guiding and managing a full IT remit including; innovation, systems, infrastructure, service, architecture, cyber-security, web development, programme delivery and more
Alongside a competitive salary and company car, you will receive a benefits package commensurate with an Executive Level position in an AIM quoted business.
Location: This position will be home based with travel to key CVS sites in the UK, including regular travel to our Support Office in Diss, Norfolk. A small amount of international travel to Ireland and Netherlands may also be required on occasion.