Proposed Salary £40,858
Career Level Managerial
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications PhD Requirements
Duties and responsibilities.
You will design, conduct and write-up statistical analyses and mathematical models of risk of infection including community onset and healthcare associated infections, surgical site infection (SSI), and Healthcare Onset Covid (HOCI).
The ideal candidate will have:
- At Research Associate level: PhD (or equivalent) in epidemiology, mathematics, bioinformatics, statistics, health services research or a related numerate subject
- At Research Assistant level: Near completion of a PhD (or equivalent) in epidemiology, mathematics, bioinformatics, statistics, health services research or a related numerate subject
- Experience of analysing quantitative complex data
- Extensive practical knowledge of a broad range of statistical techniques including generalised linear models, multilevel models and time series analyses
- Good knowledge of different computer programs including the use of at least one statistical package e.g. SAS and experience of developing scripts and analysing data using at least one statistical package, eg: R or Stata
Experience of using NHS or HES data would be an advantage as would experience of working within a multidisciplinary research environment.
The post is full time and fixed term for 3 years. The post will be based across Charing Cross Campus, Hammersmith and White City Campus. There may be research commitments at Public Health England Colindale. The post holder will be expected to travel to other campuses as required.
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as a Research Assistant within the salary range £36,045 – £39,183 per annum.
For interested candidates, support for applying for personal fellowships is also available.