Proposed Salary £30,500
Career Level Managerial
Experience Less Than 1 Year
We’re looking for a data governance analyst to join us and help us make sure we have the right policies and processes throughout our data lifecycle. Co-op is changing. We’re investing in our business and technology to create more value to our customers, members and communities. We’re developing a new Data and Loyalty centre of excellence, bringing membership, CRM and customer experience together to make sure that we deliver customer value informed by member behaviours, needs and practises.
As a data governance analyst, we’ll look at you to implement and deliver the data governance strategy and policies across the Co-op, stablishing the key foundations and implementing them in key projects across the business. It’s a big job. But it’s one in which you’ll play a key role in how we manage and protect data in a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• provide data governance expertise to help improve data governance maturity across the Co-op
• work collaboratively in key projects i.e. dealing with inventories, retention schedules, policies, standards, retention management
• work closely with data owners to identify training needs and support their teams with any data issues
• support the data governance managers in building strong collaborative relationships with the business and technical functions
• support the data governance team in embedding the data ownership framework around the Co-op
• help to drive cultural change across the Co-op in relation to data governance (data governance artefacts, operating procedures, etc.)
• use different data, process mapping and reporting tools (e.g. O365 Flow / Visio / Power BI) to create reports, design processes, data-flows, process maps etc.
• engage stakeholders across the business as the subject matter specialist on data governance and make complex concepts accessible to all audiences
This role would suit people who have
• excellent relationship building skills, with a talent for forging strong and positive relationships with colleagues at all levels
• experience building reports and presentations with a good understanding of data policy
• experience working in a regulated environment or data centred organisation
• the ability to work cross-functionality in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage conflicting priorities
• great Microsoft Office skills, with experience working and making the most out of the full O365 suite (including Stream, Flow, SharePoint, etc.)
• knowledge of data and process flow mapping tools, such as Visio (PowerBI would also be highly desirable)
• an understanding of databases or data structures
• experience working in an agile organisation