Career Level Officer
Industry Finance/ Banking
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To monitor the transport arrangements and ensure that the terms of the transport contracts are adhered to.
• To regularly monitor the transport mailbox and take appropriate action
• To be the Colleges point of contact for parents and students with regard to home to college transport and direct any queries to appropriate source (eg. bus operators)
• Administer the transport complaints procedure regarding those directed towards the College
• To liaise with the transport companies as and when required
• Make necessary arrangements and prepare papers for meetings with transport companies, as required
• To be the Colleges point of contact to arrange the booking of coaches for trips and visits.
• Printing, recording and reconciliation of daily income reports from various sources
• Posting of daily income into the finance accounting records (Resource 32000 or related software)
• Daily review of bank statement to reconcile to income records
• Recording, posting and banking of ad-hoc cash and cheque receipts involving liaison with secure cash collection services
• Maintain the sales ledger including creation and posting of sales invoices, remittances and necessary credit control and month end duties.
• Review, monitor and chase any outstanding student fees via Studio (or related software)
• Daily review of income records to identify and post movement in student account balances.
• To regularly monitor, review and take appropriate action with regard to the finance mailbox and general enquiries from staff, students, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
• To assist in all aspects of the purchase ordering process and maintenance of the purchase ledger including posting of invoices, creation of payments and dealing with necessary enquiries
• To assist with creation, ordering and posting of ad-hoc payments and refunds
• To assist and provide cover for duties within the ‘Finance Officer – Payments’ role, as required.
• To provide guidance to staff as required, relating to College financial matters, whilst ensuring the Financial Regulations are adhered to
• To liaise with the Finance Manager and others, as required, to ensure financial systems and procedures are appropriate and working effectively.
• To undertake any other duties and projects as may be required to ensure the effective running of the department