Proposed Salary £18,028
Career Level Managerial
Experience 2 Years
Industry Business/ Management
Qualifications Associate Degree
The Parole Board is looking for three administrative officers to join a new Member Case Assessment (MCA) Support Team to provide administrative support to MCA case-managers, team leaders and Parole Board members to ensure parole reviews are conducted in a timely manner.
The MCA Support Team forms part of the Operations Directorate and helps facilitate the smooth running of paper hearings. The team is responsible for panelling MCA bundles, dossier checking, requesting legal representations, monitoring shared inboxes, closing off paper reviews and other administrative duties. They will work closely with the MCA team and team leaders reporting any issues or trends that emerge so these can be investigated and addressed at an early stage.
The post-holder will need to be well organised and have the ability to manage competing targets. They will be well versed in the relevant policies, procedures and local guidance and will deliver high quality work. They will assist the MCA team and team leader as and when required. They will work to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders while ensuring a good service is delivered.
- To ensure a dossier has all the relevant information needed to ensure a paper review can be undertaken, rejecting any that fail the checking process.
- To prepare and dispatch dossiers via a bundle to panel members.
- To request representations prior to an MCA paper review ensuring adherence to the relevant timescales.
- To ensure paper reviews are closed off correctly in accordance to the appropriate timescales.
- To ensure case management systems are updated accurately and on time.
- To manage all administrative inboxes including notifications, all correspondence and communications, ensuring they are dealt with effectively and swiftly and in line with the business plan.
- To support the team as required to ensure all administrative tasks for every parole review are processed as speedily and effectively as possible;
- To maintain an efficient and effective filing system;
- To provide cover for absent colleagues;
- To build and maintain good relationships with stakeholders to ensure the processes work for all;
- Ad hoc duties as directed by managers, where necessary;
- To keep the team leader abreast of significant developments