Proposed Salary Y1 £80k
Career Level Managerial
Experience 5 Years +
Industry Business/ Management
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
We are seeking ambitious individuals with strong character, who are dedicated to changing their lives over the next few years, by working in a challenging but highly rewarding client-facing role. This is an opportunity for a self-starter – someone with big ambitions, but also the urgency and resilience needed to achieve them. Effort and potential are more important to us than experience, so if you’re committed, we’ll take care of the rest.
A hybrid position of business development and account management, as a Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for building a portfolio of high value institutional clients from the ground-up. This begins with sourcing and engaging C-suite decision makers, Deal teams and Managing Partners at a variety of alternative investment funds and financial institutions. For each new sales opportunity you initiate, you’ll have the support of three mentors to assist you through the process, enabling you to learn from the people you work best with and putting you in control of your development. These are people who know first-hand what it takes to be successful in the role – Senior Partners who have grown their own seven figure portfolios and have a vested interested in seeing you succeed. They will help you learn the business, your clientele and a range of strategies to add value to them. As you develop, your portfolio will continue to grow, and naturally your position will move further into a blend of account management and business development.
Our team liken the role to growing their own business within a business, and this comes with all the accountability, demands and rewards you would expect; commissions are uncapped, residual and received on every pound your portfolio makes.
As well as the support from your mentors, you will also have Alpha’s award- winning technology, resources and approach at your disposal. management and business development.
- Researching and qualifying potential clients to build a database of leads.
- You will own the telephone – using it to engage and consult with CXO’s, Managing Partners / Directors and Deal teams across a diverse range of alternative investment funds and financial institutions. Cold calling will be your primary and preferred method of engaging opportunities.
- You will learn your clients’ businesses and work to explore and uncover key problems and challenges, whilst educating them on how Alpha’s solutions can solve them.
- You will work closely with analysts and strategists to build and present valuable risk management solutions to clients – in time learning how to develop these solutions yourself.
- You will develop trusted relationships with your existing portfolio of clients to retain their business and grow your portfolio.
- In time, you will learn how to deal independently for your portfolio of clients on the largest traded market in the world.
What we offer
- Competitive base with average OTE of: Y1 £80k, Y2 £130k, Y3 £200k
- Transparent commission structure, with uncapped and residual commissions received on a pound for pound basis
- Legendary corporate trips abroad
- Attractive share equity programme for team players that perform
- Quarterly team celebrations
- Fully inclusive private healthcare covering partners and children – available to all staff from day one of their employment
- State of the art offices in the brand-new Brunel Building in Paddington, including its own gym and bar