Proposed Salary Depending Experience
Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
About the role
You’ll demonstrate an interest in how mechanical engineering fits with Atelier Ten’s approach. You will be responsible for supporting and delivering work on a range of projects. You will demonstrate the ability to produce complex design, calculations and drawings.
As a member of the engineering team, you will report to an Associate Director and liaise with other in-house engineers, the environmental team and members of our CAD team
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in a fast-paced office environment with the ability to manage multiple deadlines. You’re able to work independently as well as part of a team. You’re highly motivated and committed to CPD in all areas. In addition to possessing excellent design, analytical and communication skills, you’re comfortable working with colleagues on all levels.
You’re willing to develop an awareness and understanding of other disciplines; you should understand the importance of collaborative problem solving in a multi-disciplinary environment that extends to clients, architects and other design members beyond Atelier Ten.
You’ll have a keen interest in sustainability, and an understanding of the built environment.
To be considered, you should be able to demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Working towards a relevant professional qualification (CIBSE chartership, or other professional body)
- Relevant experience in a related role
- Understanding of project co-ordination
- Appreciation of need for application of consistent standards and metrics
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Effective IT skills for generating material/data
The following is not required but will help your application stand out from the crowd:
- Interest and awareness of other engineering disciplines
- Experience with sustainable design
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm, expertise and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Benefits including private medical insurance
- Free yoga classes for employees
- Collegiate office environment in Shoreditch
- Broad variety in the work on offer
- Opportunities for career growth and support for professional development
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.