Proposed Salary £35,000
Career Level Managerial
Experience Less Than 1 Year
We’re looking for Azure data engineers to join us and help us transform the way we do business. Co-op is changing. We’re developing a new data centre of excellence, bringing together data engineering, data science, analytics, insight, data governance and business intelligence. Together we will help Coop leverage greater value from data.
As a data engineer, you’ll work as part of a multidisciplinary, agile, engineering squad and be tasked with designing and building data solutions within a Microsoft Azure technology stack. Pairing with your peers you’ll use coding languages such as PySpark and SparkSQL to solve complex data problems and identify new opportunities to optimise business outcomes.
At Co-op, we ‘re always learning, both as a team and as individuals. Our data engineering career pathway has been designed to give everyone within the team a clear progression path that they can pursue at their own trajectory, in-line with their own ambitions. If you can bring us passion, energy and the technical foundations that we need, we can offer you the chance to build your career and collaborate in our mission to create a fairer world.
What you’ll do
• design, build and run enterprise data solutions within our Azure data platform
• hands on development of data pipelines using Microsoft Azure technologies and programme languages such as PySpark and Spark SQL
• contribute to the physical data architecture and engineering roadmap for one or more data domains
• work closely with partners from across the business to understand their data problems and work with them to design solutions that satisfy their needs
• work in a DevOp’s culture building automation and quality into everything that we do
• collaborate with peers within the data engineering community of practice to improve ways of working, our standards and our platform
This role would suit people who have
• experience using languages such as Python and SQL with exposure to emerging Azure technologies
• experience working in multi-disciplinary engineering teams in delivering modern data architectures
• experience of contributing to the design of data architectures and physical data models
• an ability to evolve and expand your own technical skillset in line with emerging trends
• experience with lean/agile development practices – DevOps, CI, CD, TDD
• a future-focused approach, with knowledge of new and emerging technologies and how we can use these to solve modern business problems