Career Level Managerial
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Associate Degree
Ava is a global technology company with offices in the UK, Norway, and the USA. We exist because we believe that we can create a better, smarter way to deliver security.
We inject intelligence into our approach to security and all our solutions. We help organisations see, understand, and act on their surroundings to protect their people, business, and reputation in real-time.
We know that the best way to meet our goals is with a diverse team, where everyone’s voice is heard. We’re proud that our company comprises 24 nationalities and we’re always looking to increase the variety of ideas and points of view at Ava.
We founded Ava Cyber in 2016 and Ava Video in 2018 and the two companies merged in 2020 to become a unified security provider with extensive capital investment from Ubon Partners.
About this position
You will work in our Aware R&D team developing projects across the backend stack. Your job will consist of building new features, optimising performance and helping to scale the Ava Aware solution. As an experienced developer, you will also help to drive the technical direction of the product features.
We are a small company with a diverse team, so you will also be involved in mentoring graduate developers. This is extremely important and is a part of all of our experienced developer roles.
At Ava, you will make a defining contribution to the development of our new disruptive product, which is a next-generation security solution. Together with our cyber security department, you will also get the opportunity to shape our unified security solution.
You’re not expected to have all of the following skills, but they will be useful in performing your job.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in building backend architecture
- Has 2 – 5 years experience working as a software developer
- Proficient in one of Go, C++, Java, Rust or Python
- Wants a career where their creative abilities will make a difference to the world of technology and where they will be part of an impressive R&D environment
- Is passionate about writing high-quality code
- Can demonstrate outstanding technical ability
- Is proficient in English
At Ava Security, we default to programming using Go, but also use a wide variety of different languages and frameworks. It’s not expected that you would be familiar with Go (or any of the other languages we use) but you should be enthusiastic and willing to learn new things. It is also considered a bonus if you have:
- Understanding of service-oriented architectures and building cloud-based products
- Experience with Machine Learning, Computer Vision, AI technologies
- Experience of mentoring and technical leadership.
We are looking for a team player who thinks holistically, enjoys solving complex problems and thrives working autonomously, while not afraid to ask for input and learn from their teammates if they’re stuck.
Does this sound like you? We’d love you to apply, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements and qualifications.
What we offer
- Attractive salary with possibility for stock options
- Flexible working hours
- A remote-friendly organisation
- A startup with solid financial backing and long-term horizon
- Travel opportunities, as we have R&D offices in London & Oslo and Sales offices in the US
- An international group of colleagues, working on anything from hardware, software, user experience, artificial intelligence, machine learning, audio/video processing, and analytics, mechanical, and industrial design.
- Visa sponsorship available
- Newly refurbished and modern offices with disabled access and good transport links at The Charter Building in Uxbridge, London, UK.
Ava is dedicated to encouraging and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We know that we are able to develop and learn better with a diverse group of people. The experiences, ideas, knowledge, self-expression and talent of our employees forms our culture and is instrumental in our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category.