Career Level Staff
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Associate Degree
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : [[company_obj]]
Req Id : 29193
Job Title : Design Lead / Engineering Manager
Location : UKREDHILL
Business Unit Sector : PCL-WTR EMEIA
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire :
Visa Sponsorship Available: [[custVisaSponsorship]]
Black & Veatch is recruiting Engineering Managers/Project Design Leads to lead their Engineering Team based in Redhill & South East. The engineering team delivers innovative engineering solutions for our alliances and projects delivering the Southern Water and Thames Water AMP 7 programmes. The Design Lead will be accountable for the planning, co-ordination and execution of engineering solutions to the defined scope, cost and programme to meet our Client’s requirements. The ability to travel to various offices and project sites is essential.
Black & Veatch fully support flexible working arrangements and we are keen to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control engineering output for projects in terms of scope, time, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, and stakeholder management
- Balance the needs of multiple projects
- Leadership & responsible for the overall technical coordination and production of multi-disciplinary outputs and designs
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external project team members
- Participate in or lead client meetings
- Ensure engineering team understand & apply relevant quality system, design guides, standards, systems, engineering codes and Black & Veatch policies and procedures.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
- Typically oversees performance management, mentoring, recognition, learning and development and any corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Leadership skills to manage multi-discipline engineering teams, & create positive change
- Motivated to deliver engineering solutions for Wastewater, water & sludge treatment projects.
- Previous experience in a technical engineering lead role on projects
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience of working in the Design & Build environment with partnering contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions
- Good understanding of digital engineering and its use in the delivery of projects.