Proposed Salary Depend
Career Level Staff
Industry Business/ Management
Qualifications Internship Requerments
Research & Analytics at Allstate
Allstate is one of the largest cars and home insurers in the US, serving more than 16 million households and earning over $35 billion in revenue annually. Weʼre also widely recognised as one of the best places to work in Northern Ireland.
At Allstate weʼre on a mission to use data, math and machine learning to directly shape every aspect of how we operate. Of course, when working with hundreds of millions of data points, computer science, programming and strong communication also play an essential role. The D3: Data, Discovery & Decision Science group has over 250 exceptional data scientists, data engineers and business analytics consultants based in Belfast, Charlotte, Chicago, Seattle and Silicon Valley. It’s a great place to be if you’re interested in solving business problems using the concepts developed in your degree.
We are a research group: we work on long-term projects; we read scientific papers and textbooks; we talk about ideas; we explore new programming languages; we huddle around whiteboards; we try out the latest machine learning algorithms; we think about what the company should look like next year and in five years.
We partner with business leaders, influencing how data & analytics are used to solve their business problems. Communication and business acumen to find application is the key to success. The main responsibility of the Business Analytics Consultant is to deliver value by providing our business partners with tools, processes, insights and communications that improve the overall analytical capability of our partners.
Your role in the team
A D3 Business Analytics Consultant Intern will use business acumen to aid in the development of analytical solutions & processes of their team. The Consultant is responsible for clear communication among stakeholders and the project being delivered fulfilling all agreed-upon criteria.
Those who successfully complete their 12-week internship with Allstate Northern Ireland may be made offers of permanent employment with Allstate. These positions will be conditional and commence post-graduation and will be subject to the student securing a first-class classification in their BSc degree or a Distinction or equivalent in their Master’s Degree or PHD.
- Assists in efforts to build relationships with business stakeholders both internal and external of D3
- Assists in efforts to maintain current business relationships
- Develops a basic understanding of core business problems, and looks for opportunities to use advanced analytics
- Assists in the development of appropriate analytical solutions for business problems
- Responsible for tasks in smaller lower impact with an emphasis on measurable and value-add deliverables
- Assists in communicating clearly throughout the project process to all parties involved about the scope, timeline, issues and any changes to them
- Assists in efforts to ensure partnership through the development process for the successful transition of low complexity research to an operational state within the business unit
- Assists in documenting all communications, processes, data and considerations involved in the project
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- Must be a UK/RoI/EU citizen or possess a current UK visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit. And must be eligible to travel to the US
- In final year of bachelor, masters or equivalent degree in a quantitative or business-related field
- Must be on track for 2.1 degree classification
We also have some desirable criteria
- On track for a First-Class degree classification
- In final year of masters or equivalent degree in a quantitative or business-related field
- Beginner/Intermediate: SQL, R, Python, Tableau or other analytical tools
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Extensive and thorough in-house training
- A globally collaborative working environment
- Invaluable work experience