Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Target reporting to the Head of Operations for sia Fibral Limited, this role will be to develop HSE procedures taking full account of legislative requirements and site SHE and Q policies and procedures as well as adherence to Bosch standards/policies in order to protect all associates, stakeholders and the environment.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Develop and implement documented management systems for health, safety & environment in line with Robert Bosch N93, OHSAS18001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Provide information and advice to management and associates on all areas of health, safety environmental and security matters, compliance and the management of risk.
- Raise the profile of the health, safety & environment requirements of the business and promote a positive health, safety and environmental culture.
- Co-ordinate and lead continuous improvement programs on health, safety, environmental and security activities.
- Implement and review programs to reduce the accident / incident rates.
- Communicate with external enforcement agencies and consult with managers on the requirements of the external agencies.
- Assist managers and supervisors in the investigation of accidents, incidents and near misses and identify corrective actions
- Ensure emergency fire control procedures and systems are in place and monitored.
- Implement, control and manage regulatory compliance of new national regulations and Bosch Standards.
- Ensure first aid arrangements and systems are maintained including trained personnel.
- Organise and conduct health, safety, environmental and security training to all associates as necessary.
- Liaise closely with the Company’s Occupational Health Specialist regarding hazards and potential risk and to assist in health surveillance and monitoring of associates.
- Manage review and assess all chemicals used on site ensuring all legal and Bosch requirements are met. Ensure that specific chemicals are authorised and all associates are informed and trained on the relevant risks. Ensure that control measures for handling, storing, transporting, use and disposal of each chemical is in place.
- Organise and chair HSE meetings.
- Liaise and assist in the preparation and updating of all IPC, IPPC documentation and packaging waste regulations for site processes and lead contact with the environment agency for site activities.
- Engineering integrity and standards of the premises, grounds, utilities
- Management of Contractors taking account of the HSEQ factors with responsibility for facility engineering records and drawings
- Development of preventive measures through continuous improvement processes
- Budgetary control of the Facility department and related Capital projects
- Be an integral part of the Operations department contributing to business improvement through idea generation and project implementation
- Work as part of project implementation teams, providing continuous process evaluation/improvement, energy efficiencies, machine capability analysis and value stream mapping
- Communicate and raise awareness of project status
- Develop function for the future strategic needs of the business
- Document process control requirements
- Undertake all people management activities including discipline, grievance and PRED processes.
- Mentoring and development of team members.
- Communicate objectives, tasks and targets.
- Assess departmental performance and training needs of self and others.
- Maintenance of technical skill profile to meet site and business needs.
- Communicate Corporate information to team, as appropriate.
- Accountable to the Head of Operations for all aspects of performance.
- To all associates for relevant information.
- To other Departments for co-ordination of activities.
- To team member for their personal development.
- Safe working of all associates and stakeholders.
- To Bosch HSE Co-ordinator.