Proposed Salary Attractive Remuneration
Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Our marine business unit, Manuplas®, specialises in the manufacture and supply of buoyancy and fendering products for the subsea and marine industries. We have a vacancy for a Quality Manager based at our facility in Plymouth, initially on a fixed-term basis for 12 months.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring that effective systems are in place for both quality assurance and quality control in the Manuplas® business unit.
This role will also be responsible for ensuring that the business quality management system is running efficiently by reviewing, developing and implementing improvements to the system in line with group structure and procedures, and, ensuring that all products and services delivered by the business are fit for purpose, free of defects and consistently meet both internal and external customer requirements by following business procedures and carrying out relevant product inspections to set criteria, demonstrating confidence that products and services will fulfil all the necessary quality requirements.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and maintain the quality management system in accordance with group procedures.
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures
- Monitor performance of the system and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- Drive the development and implementation of a set of quality standards and inspection requirements for design and production by working with design and production teams, providing advice and guidance to subject matter experts from the relevant areas
- Ensure all internal and external quality non-conformities are recorded and investigated in a timely manner and closed out effectively
- Assist/advise in non-conformity and incident investigations
- Ensure systems are in place to maintain control of calibration of all measuring equipment on site
- Carry out internal and supplier audits in accordance with audit schedule. Manage external audits (e.g. client/accreditation). Follow up to ensure completion of agreed audit actions.
- Ensure all documents are controlled as per requirements.
- Maintain and drive the delivery of the relevant Manuplas® action plans, identifying relevant action owners and monitor performance.
- Review customer requirements and make sure they are met
- Carry out monitoring and measuring activities on quality key performance indicators
- Support procurement to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Ensure a good standard of record keeping is maintained
- Provide assistance, advice and guidance to other departments on quality matters
- Deliver new employee and visitor inductions as and when required.
- Manage and maintain local continuous improvement and objectives plan.
- Promote company vision of quality responsibility at all levels
Ideal candidates for this role will hold a relevant professional quality management qualification and/or have at least three years’ experience in a quality management related role, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment although other backgrounds will be considered. An auditor’s qualification/certification is highly advantageous but not essential.