Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry Finance/ Banking
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
What we are looking for:
- Meet individual underwriting expectations to help team achieve budgeted financial objectives.
- Proven track record of developing D&O new business in the London Market.
- Meet the budgeted team retention targets for the London Financial Institutions Team.
- A solid experience in underwriting Financial Institutions within agreed decision making standards, limitations, and underwriting authority
- Assess desirability of risk through analysis of financial reports and accounts (as required); regular contact with broker; thorough review of proposal; and review of claims history and general company information
- Use designated Underwriting system(s) to streamline underwriting and information-tracking approach across Profit Centre. Input required data consistently and accurately as required.
Customer and Sales:
- Proven track record of providing excellent service to brokers through consistent, timely, and proactive approach to Underwriting & business development.
- Exhibit sales orientated behaviors, defined by Management as: motivated, tenacious, production focused, technically skilled, proactive, and accountable.
- Generate new business by expanding broker network, attending broker events, and building new relationships across the market.
- Be responsible for meeting larger proportion of new business target(s).
- Provide excellent service to brokers through consistent, timely, and proactive approach to underwriting.
- Serve as guide and/or referral point for Underwriters.
- Support other Underwriters and help develop networking opportunities as they arise
- Establish strong existing relationships with brokers, maintaining those relationships through attending and organizing regular broker events.
- Ensure all brokers and clients are treated fairly.
- Ensure customer-centric approach.
- Support team building and team strategies and goals.
- Ensure contract certainty.
- Conduct self-audit/Peer-Review as required.
- Ensure compliance with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities, including but not limited to audits, sanctions, expenses, this list is not exhaustive, is just an example.
- Underwriting experience is required,
- Financial Institutions Underwriting experience very valuable
- Strong communication skills
- Time management – ability to handle multiple priorities, organise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse financial statements
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Organisational skills
- Customer and sales focused
- Tenacious, motivated, proactive, can produce results
- Able to work in a cooperative team environment
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.