Career Level Staff
Industry Transportation/ logistics
Qualifications Internship Requerments
A project management intern supports the team in all aspects of daily operations. A crucial part of the role is to add value to the workflow and generate process efficiencies where possible, which includes recording lessons learned to inform future projects. Critical skills for this role include: being adaptive in dynamic environments, taking the initiative and being proactive, excellent written and verbal communication, and computer literacy, including the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Provide support in all aspects of daily project management, including preparing documentation such as schedules, budgets, reports, and invoices.
- Maintain communication with project management and other stakeholders including internal team members, customers and suppliers to enable and facilitate progress in project planning and delivery
- Issues and concerns need to be highlighted and escalated to the appropriate level of authority for resolution.
- Perform a variety of tasks to be balanced at the same time, prioritizing specific activities as required to manage deadlines or as directed by Senior Managers.
- Well organized, flexible, multi-task oriented, have outstanding follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work environment
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently and under pressure
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Professional Demeanor
- Other department support as needed
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Project Management or other related fields of study)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and organized
- Ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment
- Adept at learning new subject matters
- Other duties as assigned
Reading, UK (Airline ticket to and from the United Kingdom will NOT be reimbursed)
Up to 10% business-related travel. Business travel during this internship is reimbursable.
Possess strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clearly understood explanation when delivering information, and solution-based responses to questions.
Statement of Non-Inclusivity:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The obligations and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
About this Company
Agility Defense & Government Services is the public sector arm of Agility, which has more than 500 offices in 100+countries and a network of global transportation, warehousing, and storage capabilities.
Agility DGS provides complete supply chain management, logistics services, and commodity services to customers around the world.
Agility is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all applicants are welcome; to include fair and impartial consideration for applicants with legally protected statuses such as Females /Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Certified Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Company: Agility Defense & Government Services is a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) certified company and seeks to hire qualified Veterans.