Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry HR/ Servises
Your future team
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas.
Our market leading Energy and Construction team now has a rare opportunity for a Chemical Underwriter to join them and be based out of our London office.
Your Contribution at AIG
- Assess and underwrite prospect business and renewal accounts in line with your underwriting authority, as well as the AIG’s business strategy and underwriting guidelines.
- Work closely together with our risk engineering, claims and analytical support teams to assess risk quality and loss exposures, determine appropriate pricing and ensure operational efficiency.
- Negotiate contract terms with brokers and clients.
- Adhere to company procedures and documentation management standards. Ensure that underwriting information is maintained accurately in underwriting systems.
- Foster strong business relationships with external and internal business partners.
- Gain a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses to develop effective insurance solutions.
- Attend client/broker meetings, presentations and relevant industry events on behalf of the company.
- Participate in special underwriting projects as required.
- Work cross functionally with other underwriting teams in AIG to achieve corporate objectives
What we are looking for
- Underwriting or Broking experience in the Chemical, Property or Downstream energy segment.
- Very good technical understanding.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Results oriented and highly accountable.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment making quick decisions while adhering to a sound underwriting discipline.
- Foreign language skills, especially German, are a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.