Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Are you a qualified EMC System Engineer, keen to develop a career in exciting and innovative projects within aerospace, space & defence domains? At AKKA UK we have incredible growth plans for the next 3 years in the UK are to grow from 200 to 1000 System and Software engineers by 2022. You could be part of the huge growth!
Through the help of the rest of the AKKA Group and exploring new industry avenues we continue to grow our in-house engineering capability and are looking for systems engineers of all levels, interested in the opportunity to work for a consultancy across multiple sectors.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Liaising with suppliers and stakeholders to gather documentation and requirements
- Performing and checking calculations for technical notes
- Defining and executing EMC tests on equipment based on EN61000 and EN60121 standards
- Interpreting and assessing test report results.
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distill into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
- System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
- Ensure Specialty Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is “engineered in”
- Writing interface control documentation.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2-5 Years experience
- Rail industry background
- Experience of liaising with suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience of defining and executing EMC tests on equipment
AKKA UK was established in 2010 as the British subsidiary of the AKKA Group.
At AKKA, we believe that improving the employee experience goes together with improving the client experience. We believe that our employees are the driving force behind our success, innovations and technological ambitions. With nearly 200 employees on board in the UK, and more to join, a human approach typical to that of a family business is what we strive for. Together with our values of Courage, Ambition and Respect, this is the glue that makes us stick together.
At AKKA, you can make this happen!
At AKKA, you will be immersed in a culture of loyalty with people who are passionate out innovation and technology. You will get all the necessary tools and training to boost your skills and become a true professional. We will support you in challenging the status quo and in developing a creative innovative spirit.
- 28 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Relocation Allowance
- Private Healthcare for yourself and Family
- Flexi-time (Dependent on Customer and Project)
- On-going Training courses