Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry HR/ Servises
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
What is the role?
The position would be best suited to an experienced bioclimatic/environmental engineer to join our growing Bioclimatic Design Team. The ideal candidate would be someone looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience in wind engineering, comfort and resilience within an established consultancy with a friendly office environment.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects both inside and outside of the UK, including several high-profile projects. See our projects here: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing pedestrian wind comfort assessments via CFD for planning applications and design.
- Outdoor thermal and daylight comfort assessments for planning applications and design.
- Bioclimatic team management; support, planning and managing projects and resources/tasks for junior staff and reporting to Team Leaders and Technical and Management Directors.
- Interpreting simulation results and advise/work in close collaboration with the wider design team, both internally and externally, to further develop the design of buildings.
- Prospects support including definition of fees and scopes reporting to Team Leaders and Management Directors.
- Preparation of reports, technical papers, and presentations in supporting project design and submissions for Environmental Impact Assessments and Planning Applications.
- Nurture client relationships with the support from Team Leaders and Directors.
- Assisting in the development of new technology and new ways of working.
- Clearly communicating technical and design concepts through reports and presentations.
- Be client-facing, carrying out client presentations, tender interviews and practice to practice presentation with support from team leaders and directors.
- R&D and Business Development within the Bioclimatic Design Team agenda with internal and external stakeholders.
We’d like to hear from you if you have;
- Experience in managing environmental design projects
- Deep knowledge of and/or able to assess pedestrian wind comfort assessments
- Deep knowledge of and/or able to assess outdoor thermal and daylight comfort assessments
- Knowledge of building services and building envelope physics, zero energy strategies and data analysis
- Experience of working on and/or managing a number of projects at once
- An understanding of the CDM regulations and designers’ responsibilities
- Experience in visual programming (Rhino, Grasshopper) will be advantageous
- Experience in programming computer languages (e.g. C++, C#) or scripting languages (e.g. Matlab, Python) (desirable)
- An interest in Machine learning applied to Built Environment (desirable)
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to supervise a team
- An aptitude for practical problem solving and proven ability to successfully meet deadlines
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree in Architectural Building, Civil or Mechanical Engineering (or related field)
- Working towards being a Chartered Engineer (CIBSE or IMECHE)
- At least 5 years of experience in the field